Platform is partnership project between Creative Concern, the University of Salford and the sustainability-focused arms of the Greater Manchester Combined Authority. It will be a partnership that broadens to encompass other organisations in the public and private sectors. It's objective is to increase knowledge sharing on sustainability across the city region.
Intellectual property rights
Our partnership and the contributors on this site are the owners of all intellectual property rights on Platform. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
The sharing and redistribution of material on Plaftorm, unless otherwise stated alongside the image or texts in question, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.0 UK: England & Wales License.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Commentary and other materials posted on Platform are not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any visitor to Platform, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents. The material displayed on Platform is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. To the extent permitted by law Platform and any other third parties connected to it hereby expressly exclude:
- all conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity;
any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with Platform or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of Platform, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including, without limitation any liability for:
- loss of income or revenue;
- loss of business;
- loss of profits or contracts;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of data;
- loss of goodwill;
- wasted management or office time; and
- for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable.
This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, nor our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
Things not to do...
You may use Platform only for lawful purposes. You may not use it:
- in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
- in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
- for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way;
- to send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards;
- to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam); or
- to knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any content from Platform in contravention of the provisions of our terms of website use;
- not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt any aspect of the website, its programming or its servers.
The standards we apply to any and all material which appears on Platform (“Contributions”), and to any Interactive Services associated with it.
We aim to comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any Contribution as well as to its whole.
- be accurate (where they state facts);
- be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and
- comply with applicable laws in the UK and in any country from which the Contributions are posted.
Contributions must not:
- contain any material which is defamatory;
- contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory;
- promote sexually explicit material;
- promote violence;
- promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person;
- be likely to deceive any person;
- be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence;
- promote any illegal activity;
- be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety;
- be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person;
- be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person;
- give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or
- advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Viruses, hacking and other offences
You must not misuse Platform by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to Platform, the server on which Platform is stored or any server, computer or database connected to Platform. You must not attack Platform via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of Platform or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
Where Platform contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
You may link to any page on our site, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
The Site must not be framed on any other site. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice. If you wish to make any use of our material other than that set out above, please contact us using the information below.
Jurisdiction & applicable law
The English courts will have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising from, or related to, a visit to Platform although we retain the right to bring proceedings against you for breach of these conditions in your country of residence or any other relevant country.
Platform is being managed and built by Creative Concern. You can get in touch with us at Creative Concern, Fourways House, 57 Hilton St, Manchester M1 2EJ. 0161 236 0600. firstname.lastname@example.org.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.0 UK: England & Wales License.